I’m always interested in having an easy Super Bowl Sunday with some delicious eats and with minimal effort.
When I get together with the guys, I need to make sure that there is a variety of food to meet everyone’s needs. Whether those are store-bought items or recipes made at home, these traditional and incredible Super Bowl snacks will make sure everyone leaves satisfied on Sunday night, even if the Patriots don’t win. Go, Patriots!
- Crock Pot Chili
A party in a pot, enough said.
- Brown ground beef or turkey in large skillet over medium-high heat. Drain fat.
- Place cooked beef, Chili Seasoning Mix, tomatoes, beans and tomato sauce in slow cooker. Stir until well mixed. Cover.
- Cook 4 hours on HIGH. Stir before serving. (Reduce place
- Top with sour cream and cheddar cheese
- Pair with Texas toast, cornbread or corn chips
- Tater Tot Kabobs
Deep fried tasty nuggets on a stick.
- Deep Fry tater tots or bake until crispy, whatever is easier (follow the bag instructions)
- Slide them on a stick
- Pass them up in cups
- Pair them with warm cheese, ketchup, ranch, bbq sauce or hot sauce
- Warm Bacon Dip
Combine softened cream cheese, sour cream, cheddar cheese, bacon and green onion. Spoon mixture into a 1-quart baking dish and bake for 25-30 minutes, or until cheese is bubbling and hot. Throw it in the oven at 400 degrees.
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1½ cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- ½ cup sliced green onion
- Pair it up with toasted bread, crackers or vegetables (if you’re feeling healthy)
- Party Wings
With 15 minutes prep, the night before (2 hours before, if that works for your schedule) and 1 hour of cook time, you’re going to have delicious wings in no time.
- Mix brown sugar, mustard, and soy sauce together in a bowl. Measure 1/4 cup marinade for basting and transfer to a small bowl; cover and refrigerate.
- Place wings in a large re-sealable bag. Pour remaining marinade over wings, coating well. Seal and marinate wings.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Remove chicken wings from re-sealable bag and transfer to a baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes. Baste wings with reserved 1/4 cup marinade; cook, basting every 10 minutes until chicken is no longer pink in the center, about 30 more minutes.
If you have any non-meat eaters, in the house, this is a recipe for flavorful veggies that will have the whole house cheering.
- Combine seasonings in a small bowl.
- Seasoning: Dark brown sugar / Paprika / Cumin / Celery Salt / Granulated Garlic / Onion Powder / Cayenne Pepper / Kosher Salt / Black Pepper / Dill
- Cook carrots in a large pot of boiling, generously salted water until crisp-tender, about 4 minutes. Drain; transfer carrots to a medium bowl. Add oil and spice mixture and rub carrots to coat. Let sit at room temperature 1–3 hours.
- 1 pound small carrots, scrubbed, halved lengthwise
- Preheat oven to 350°. Toast 1/3 cup pecans on a rimmed baking sheet, tossing once, until fragrant and slightly darkened, 10–15 minutes; let cool, then coarsely chop.
- Meanwhile, ½ cup of plain Greek yogurt, 2 tsp. buttermilk, dill, and 2 Tsp. lemon juice in a small bowl; season dressing with salt and pepper.
- Bake carrots, cut side down until they are lightly charred and sugar begins to caramelize and bubble, about 3 minutes.
- Arrange carrots on a platter, drizzle with dressing and more lemon juice, and top with pecans.